Its that time of year ….
Virtual Educational Event
Medicare Made Clear
Thursday, October 1st, 11:00 – 12:00 PDT
Click here for invite and Zoom Link
Are you turning 65 soon?
Considering retirement earlier than expected?
Been furloughed or lost group coverage recently?
Already have Medicare & want to learn more?
Pumpkins, leaves, and spiced cider are not the only things that October brings! October 15th through December 7th offers people enrolled in Medicare a window of opportunity to make certain changes to their coverage. During this window you can:
- Switch between Original Medicare (Parts A & B) and Medicare Advantage (Part C).
- Switch between Medicare Advantage plans.
- Join a Medicare prescription drug plan (Part D), although late penalties may apply to you if you didn’t enroll when you were first eligible.
- Switch prescription drug plans or drop coverage completely.
It’s easy to feel confused and maybe overwhelmed when it comes to understanding Medicare and your options.
The current environment has changed the process of applying for Medicare to online and fax services.
Social Security offices are currently closed which can make it more difficult to access the information you may need.
We can help!
Come join us for an informative discussion of the A, B, C’s and D’s of Medicare headed by Joanne Hansen of United Healthcare. Medicare isn’t a one size fits all program and there are changes to the program every year. Learn how to make informed decisions about your Medicare coverage and the options available to you.
This is your opportunity to evaluate if your current plan is providing your the coverage you need. To understand if your plan covers the drugs that you take regularly (these formulary lists change every year!), and to evaluate changes to policies with respect to new premiums, deductibles, and other costs.
We will discuss:
- Eligibility criteria (including weather you need Medicare if you are still working).
- Timelines associated with enrolling to avoid financial penalties.
- Differences between Medicare Supplement and Medicare Advantage plans.
- How planning for Medicare costs is part of building a confident retirement.
- How to maximize your Social Security benefit.
- How to navigate the online enrollment and other platforms.
Please RSVP by clicking here or emailing or calling us directly (858.576.7300).
Feel free to invite a friend!