Associate Financial Planner
HoyleCohen is a Registered Investment Advisor headquartered in San Diego with offices in Santa Monica, Sacramento and Phoenix, Arizona. Together, we manage approximately $2.4 billion in client assets, primarily for individuals and families. We are a planning-centric firm, and have invested substantially in tax, business transitions, estate and retirement planning and charitable giving expertise to complement our robust investment platform. We are in the people business, and we see our role as financial liberators, always ready to empower our clients to plan well and live fully.
We are actively looking for a dynamic Associate Financial Planner to join our San Diego team. This is a great opportunity for someone analytical, detailed, great with people, and a desire to join an award winning team of professionals. HoyleCohen is a great place to work, offering full benefits, including a 401k plan, team building exercises, yoga and workout on premises, daily smoothies, and an environment that fosters personal and professional growth and supports and encourages diversity and inclusion.
This is a professional position within HoyleCohen’s Financial planning Department that will support Financial Planners and Wealth Advisors directly in servicing the existing and prospective clients of the firm. You will be expected to perform various tasks including preparing financial projections using various financial planning software applications. You must have the ability to utilize critical thinking skills, work within a team, and anticipate firm needs and client questions. Qualified candidates will be detail oriented, structured and have a high degree of follow through.
Initial areas of responsibility include, but are not limited to the following:
- Identify and create financial analyses for clients; including estate planning, education funding, tax planning, stock options, risk management needs, cash flow & retirement analysis.
- Support the monitoring of clients’ financial situations with detail and accuracy.
- Driven to work and learn things in a fast-paced environment.
- Manage priority shifts / changes with ease.
Requirements & Qualifications
- B.S. degree from an accredited four year university, preferably in financial planning, business, finance or economics.
- CFP® certification or in process of obtaining.
- Strong financial and math analytical skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Basic understanding of investment and financial planning strategies for high net worth clients.
- Ability to identify, meet and follow through with client needs and requirements.
- Must be a self-starter, problem solver and a goal-oriented team player.
- Organized, with a strong attention to detail.
- Able to perform multiple tasks.
- Show confidence, yet in a humble manner, when dealing with clients, firm Financial Planners and Wealth Advisors.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint and familiarity with MoneyGuidePro preferred.
If interested or you know of a great fit please submit letter of interest and resume here.