As previously seen on CALCPA.ORG Click here to view.
On June 2nd 2016, HoyleCohen’s Director of Financial Planning, Jeremy Kovacevich, addressed local stakeholders at the Financial Literacy Initiative sponsored by CALCPA.
California Financial Literacy Roundtable – San Diego
This year, CalCPA Institute will host the California Financial Literacy Roundtable, a series of regional events throughout the state.
The event will address three pressing financial literacy topics: the student loan debt crisis, retirement security for Californians and financial literacy in public education. California educators, nonprofits, parents, community volunteers, state and local elected officials, financial literacy advocates and stakeholders and financial professionals will gather together with a common goal—to improve financial literacy. The aim of this half day program is to build connections within the California financial literacy community, to promote financial education and will focus on the how we can empower all Californians to better manage their finances through education. Confirmed speakers thus far are Juliana Liebke from the San Diego Unified School District, Anthony Zambelli from the San Diego Council Economic Education, Joseph Forlenza, CPA, San Diego CalCPA chapter personal financial planning chair, Jeremy Kovacevich, CFP, from HoyleCohen and Suzanne Goulet, satisfactory academic progress coordinator at San Diego State University. No cost for registration. All meals and parking are included. Networking luncheon to follow the conclusion of the roundtable Agenda: 8 AM/registration & breakfast 8:50 AM-12 PM/program 12-1 PM/ networking lunch Panel: The Student Loan Debt Crisis: A 360 Degree View Panel: Getting Californians Retirement Ready Panel: Success, Challenges and Progress in Financial Literacy in Public Education
- Explore ways to improve financial literacy in California.
- Build connections within the California financial literacy community.
- Identify opportunities for promoting financial education.
- Advance your knowledge of how to empower all Californians to better manage their finances through education.
- Discuss retirement security for Californians and the student loan debt crisis.
- Learn about the successes and challenges of financial literacy in public education.
- The Student Loan Debt Crisis: A 360 Degree View
- Getting Californians Retirement Ready
- Successes, Challenges and Progress in Financial Literacy in Public Education
Date: Thursday, June 2 Time: 8AM/ registration & breakfast; 8:50 AM-12 PM program; 12-1 PM/networking luncheon
Location: National University, Sanford Center, 11355 N Torrey Pines Rd, La Jolla, CA 92037 (event is being held at the National University Administrative Headquarters) Cost: Complimentary (parking & meals included) CPE: 3 hours (non-technical)
- Level of Difficulty: Update
- Field of Interest: Finance
- Prerequisites: None
California educators, nonprofits, parents, students, community volunteers, state and local elected officials, financial literacy advocates and stakeholders and financial professionals
To learn more about the FPA of San Diego or HoyleCohen, please contact Jeremy P. Kovacevich:
Jeremy P. Kovacevich, CFP®, MBA
Director of Financial Planning & Wealth Advisor
9350 Waxie Way, Suite 500
San Diego, CA 92123