Financial Operations Associate
HoyleCohen is a Registered Investment Advisor headquartered in San Diego with offices in Santa Monica, Sacramento and Phoenix, Arizona. Together, we manage approximately $2.4 billion in client assets, primarily for individuals and families. We are a planning-centric firm, and have invested substantially in tax, business transitions, estate and retirement planning and charitable giving expertise to complement our robust investment platform. We are in the people business, and we see our role as financial liberators, always ready to empower our clients to plan well and live fully.
We are actively looking for a dynamic Operations Associate to join our San Diego team. This is a great opportunity for someone analytical, detailed, excellent with creating/optimizing processes, and a desire to join an award winning team of professionals. HoyleCohen is a great place to work, offering full benefits, including a 401k plan, team building exercises, yoga and workout on premises, daily smoothies, and an environment that fosters personal and professional growth and supports and encourages diversity and inclusion.
- Communicate with Advisory Teams and Fund Managers to ensure a smooth flow of pertinent information, adherence to timelines and clarity of process.
- Develop and maintain a deep understanding of all subscription documents, maintain templates for document completion and serve as a point of contact for internal questions and troubleshooting.
- Maintain the alternative investment queue, execute new fundings and facilitate ongoing capital calls.
- Perform investment maintenance activities including liquidation requests, validating distributions and addressing income election changes.
- Maintain the Operations Inbox.
- Provide administrative tax reporting support for all platform investments.
- Maintain client data in Salesforce and Tamarac including the creation of households and leads, updating personal data, formatting and updating account types and objectives and maintaining billing groups and specs.
- Create and update client portals.
- Ensure consistency between internal systems and our custodians.
- Create team workflows to assist in intra- and inter-department communication and processing.
- Communicate with our custodian via monthly calls, resolve custodial alerts and proactively seek resolution to issues that may arise.
- Process incoming checks.
- Follow up on in-process custodial submissions to ensure timely and accurate completion.
- Perform custodial account maintenance including re-registration and re-titling of accounts and cost basis issues.
- Execute RMD processing firm-wide.
Effectively Manage Complexity: Able to make sense of complex, high quantity and sometimes contradictory information to effectively resolve issues.
Action-Oriented: Seek out new opportunities and creative solutions with a sense of urgency, high energy and enthusiasm.
Leverage Technology: Open to learning new technology to improve efficiencies and processes.
Natural Communicator: Relate openly and effectively with internal and external business partners.
- 1-3 Years operations experience, investment industry preferred
- Comfortable with Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint)
Candidates for all positions with HoyleCohen should exemplify the highest ethical standards, embrace a passionate and collaborative culture and embody a deep commitment to client service.
If interested or you know of a great fit please submit letter of interest and resume here.